Plug & Cage
- Used for high capacity/medium pressure drop applications, good controllability.
- Ideal for oil production and water injection services.
- Features a tungsten carbide cage as the throttling mechanism with a protective steel carrier around it.
- Outer Steel carrier for protection against impacts from debris in the production fluid.
- The trim characteristic is equal percentage that provides superior flow control, however, provide the linear trim as well on demand.
- Plug & Cage style design is pressure balanced to minimize the stem loads.
- Plug is fully guided at the ID and is rigidly attached to the stem to resist any induced vibration damage.
- The flow is directed inward and impinges on itself in the center of the flow cage which in turn isolates the body bore from incoming turbulent flow hence eliminating the body wear.